Monday, May 3, 2010

Testimony

Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time. Remember the declaration by Jesus Himself. "Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be decieved." - and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you. (Jeffrey R Holland, "Safety for the Soul," Ensign, Nov 2009)

I had a former semenary student come to me and tell me that he was struggling with his testimony. It has been really hard for me because I have watched him grow and develop over the last two years. His doubts have caused me to reflect on my own testimony and the knowledge that I have of the gospel and what I believe to be true. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God that restored the true church back on the earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that we will be guided and blessed when we follow his counsel. I have a testimony of prayer and that Heavenly Father knows us and our needs and that we will be blessed when we communicate with him and foster that relationship. This church is true!

2 comments:

Erica Marshall said...

Thank you for your testimony. It's very refreshing to hear! :)

The Lane Family said...

You have a beautiful testimony Megan and it was so nice to read it and to be reminded what really matters in life.

Thank you,

Wendi