Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, (How many do we need?) 12,13,14,15,16,17,(this sure is a lot of candles)18,19,20,21 22,23,24,25,26,27,28 (are we there yet?) 29,30 (I don't know if they are all going to fit) 31,32,33............

It has been so fun to see the kids excitement over Dad's birthday. On the way to church Mya and Keegan were asking what we were going to do for Dad's birthday. I told them that it was going to be a suprise (mainly because I didn't want them rushing in to tell Gerald what we were going to do). They found him before sacrament started and with a big smile on their face and an enthusiastic tone belted out "happy birthday!" After church, they helped me make the cake. Keegan was in charge of the water and oil. I measured them and he dumped it into the bowl, and then he got to spray the cookie sheet with oil. I thought Mya would be old enough to operate the hand mixer but strawberry cakemix was on the floor and counter (fun times! Thanks Betty Crocker....you made all of our jobs easier!)


After the cake was in the oven they helped we wrap his gift, something that he had been asking for for a long time now......speakers for his I-phone. Then the hard part.....they had to wait for Gerald to get home. When they heard the door go up on the garage they ran downstairs to hide behind the bar to pop up and shout, "happy birthday!"


We love you Babe!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

Erica Marshall said...

Happy Birthday, ya old fart! You are WAY past a quarter of a century now :) Kids make the day so much more fun, don't they?

The Lane Family said...

33 does not seem so old to someone who is 36 :) that is so cute about the kids helping count out all of the candles and wrapping the gift. SO fun!!!

ash said...

Cute!! I sure hope you make it to Idaho this summer so I can see you guys!!

G Love said...

I am old are aren't I?

G Love said...

Man, I am old huh? I'll go crawl up under a rock now lol