Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving was wonderful, we have so much to be thankful for as a family. I have been blessed with the most amazing family, Gerald has a good job (and in this economy thats a huge thing to be thankful for), we have a beautiful home and the gospel. I really couldn't ask for anything more! We were so blessed to be invited to a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner and the food was amazing! It was also nice to be able to spend the day with the missionaries as well, they bring a peaceful spirit with them that is so refreshing to be around.

So now it's time to start thinking about Christmas.....yikes, this time of year comes so fast.
Mya and Keegan are sooooooo excited.

We pulled out the decorations because today was going to be one of the few days left where everyone is going to be home to help. We have a famous WHITE christmas tree and this year when I pulled it out of the box this is what I found......




I don't know what happend. We have had this tree for three years and I have never had this problem. I believe the tree soaked up the brown from the box that it was being stored in. It looked horrible! Because I am a cheap skate, I wanted to salvage it.



I braved black friday at noon when all the crazies were in bed sleeping and went over to Walmart to get five cans of spray paint.




And then the kids helped to put all the balls on it. Look at all the joy and excitement in his smile!



It took me about 2 hours to put tape on the lights so that they wouldn't be spray painted, and then it took me about another 2 hours to take all the tape off. It would have been really easy to go and buy another Christmas tree, but I think that it turned out great. Don't get me wrong, I definately don't want to do this project again next year, I am going to be investing in a GREEN christmas tree when they are all on sale AFTER Christmas :) But this year, we will still be enjoying our non-traditional one, thanks to a couple cans of paint!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

LOVE IT!!! Totally me think of your mom and my mom!!

Erica Marshall said...

you are one determined soul. We braved black friday as well (actually thursday at 10 pm) and it was my first time ever. And I must say my last... but we just had to get that xbox kindle! :)

Ivan Kusuma said...

visit my bog my friends

http://simpellife.blogspot.com

http://easy-learn-computer.blogspot.com

nice info, very creatif