Tuesday, January 15, 2008

UPDATE

I haven't sat to post anything new for awhile. I can't even say that it is because I have been that busy. I guess that I have just been putting it on the back burner for awhile.
I am now watching the Callahan's boys three times a week instead of two. Her sister, who is watching the boys the other days of the week, has decided to go back to school and they needed someone to watch them on Monday's. It is really good for the kids to get out of the house and have someone to play with. It is really hard for me to get motivated to get up so early in the morning, but once I am there it is not so bad. I am just not a morning person.
Gerald does a lot of work with the missionaries in our ward. I was thinking that he was going to be called as a ward missionary leader, or somthing like it. He was called to be second counselor in the elder's Quarum when they reorganized it a week and a half ago. I am still a primary teacher and since January when we got a new class I have really enjoyed that calling. Mya moved from nursary into primary this year. Her first Sunday she was telling me that she wanted to go back to nursary. When we go and pick up Keegan from nursary at the end of the meetings she wants to talk to the teacher about what she did in primary while she plays with the toys.
Friday Janurary 11th was my 24th birthday. I watched the Callahan's boys as usual and when Jessicca came home she brought a mini cake and had the kids sing happy birthday to me. Mya blew out the candle before I had an oppertunity to. I asked her what she wished for and she said "presents mommy." I came home and got ready and Gerald and I left the kids with the Callahan's while we went out to Applebee's for dinner. It was a nice relaxing evening and the snow didn't ruin my birthday plans this year. I was reading through past journal entries from previous birthdays and a snow storm almost always threatend my birthday when we were back in Idaho. I am thankful for the mild winter that we are experiencing down here in Houston.
Overall we have been very blessed.

1 comment:

Sara Birch said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! It sounds like you aren't missing our snowy, icy weather! Congrats to Gerald on the new calling...Jeff had that same calling once and I remember he was alwasy busy (I think more busy than he has been in the bishopric!)But it'll be a great opportunity to serve and your family will be blessed.