Monday, May 12, 2008

Craft Time Ideas


I am running out of things for Mya and Aiden to do during craft time while the Keegan's are sleeping. If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. We have painted rocks and put eyes on them for rock pets, we have painted those ceramic animals that are 44 cents at walmart. We have painted stained glass animals and other similar projects. I have been trying to think back to my childhood, but I must not have been that creative when I was a child because I have done all the things that I can think of. PLEASE, if you have any ideas leave me a comment. I need something to help me through the last couple of weeks until school is out.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Anthony's mom told about finger painting with pudding! That way they can eat and at the same time. You could also make paper crowns and be princesses!

Sara Birch said...

Here are some of the things I have done with Carson:

Covered the table with butcher paper and let him go at it with markers.

Shaving cream painting

sock puppets

Contact paper art. Just get contact paper, let them put whatever they want on it like buttons, glitter, feathers... and then cover the top with another piece of contact paper. They are fun to hang in the window.

Pasting: same as contact paper, but I just let him glue it onto a paper plate.

Just plain old painting. I like the Crayola washable paints. We do different things like paint on paper, butcher paper, plates, foam. Or I find unusual objects to paint with like cotton balls instead of paint brushes. If you are daring you could have them use their feet to paint on butcher paper, we did that in the preschool once.

I have an awesome book called "Things to do with Toddlers and Twos" its also great for older kids.

Good Luck!

Elaine said...

I did Joy School with Thula and some of her friends this year. I used www.first-school.ws/ for a lot of my activities. They have great theme ideas.