Monday, September 1, 2008

Gustav


I understand that government officials want us to be prepared in case the worst really does happen, but living down by the gulf it has kind of been a frustrating experience. The storm of the century was really a catagory 2 hurricane, that is still a powerful storm, but did minimal damage. I am grateful for the gospel that teaches us to be prepared. The gospel really does give us more knowledge. People hit the stores last minute and you can't find water and other supplies on the shelves. It kind of got me thinking about the ten virgins in the scriptures. Those that were running to the get supplies and missed the bridegroom. We don't have a lot of supplies, but I feel like we would be okay if something were to happen and I know that Heavenly Father is always watching over us and our family.

3 comments:

Golfersfamily said...

Very insightful! I'm glad we had supplies for this one even though we didn't need to use them. It was less frightening knowing we were prepared. Thank goodness it wasn't as horrible as predicted.

Sara Birch said...

I was watching the weather channel the other night and wondering if it was going to get to you guys. Wow, what a thing to worry about...hurrincanes! It was fun to see you when you were up here. Sounds like you have a fun, full life!

April said...

Love your blog on this one. I had to encourage my neighbors to go and fill up their empty cars for gas. (JUST in case) I remember the horror of Katrina and all the Crosby stations running out of gas. I did run to the store however, just to get a fresh loaf of bread and more lunch meat. So yes, thank good ness for storage. and years ago with Katrina we were on the road in the middle of nowhere with gas stations and store ran out of everything and closed down we were eating out of our 72 hour bags I packed in the car.