Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurricane Ike...

I have had lots of emails and calls about concern from everyone from everywhere. We are fine and safe. We evacuated to Vidor Texas just above Beaumont during the storm. We spent the next couple of days with friends there. We came back to the house on Sunday after the hurricane. The house was fine but we have been camping out the last week because we were without power. It hasn't been bad because we had a cold front come in and bring cooler weather. That was such a blessing because it gets hot here in Texas in september. I was beginning to wonder what a microwave and television were like though. It's good to have power back again.

Here are the power guys from missouri working outside our house to get the power restored in our neighborhood.
Here is a park that we have played at a couple of times. My mom was asking for me to take some pictures of the damage of the storm. I will post some more in time.

6 comments:

Sara Birch said...

So glad that you are safe and well! I had wondered if you guys were okay. Sounds like you didn't have much damage to your house which is good!

Just US said...

We have been wondering how you have been doing. We were checking up to see and we are glad that things are well with your family and no damage to the house.

Elaine said...

I'm glad you updated, I was hoping that you were all okay. I'm glad the house is okay too!

Krysta McClure said...

Glad you are safe and no worse for the weather. You were in my prayers.

Tina said...

Thanks for the update!! were glad your safe!! Glad the to know no harm done to your house to!

Just US said...

I have been wondering too...I'm glad things are okay!