Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Vacation Has Finally Begun....

It felt like it was never going to get here. I think that I look forward to the time off more then the visit from Santa Clause. It is amazing how your perspective changes the older you get. I am looking forward to first and most importanantly... SLEEPING IN. It is going to be great to have Gerald home more and spending time as a family.

Friday was a half a day of school for everyone. We started the day off with Mya in the bathroom with an upset stomach. (great way to start the vacation) When I told her that she wouldn't be able to go to school she was devistated. She told me that everyone was going to be having fun without her because they would not be learning anything.... it was a fun day. Today she was telling me how much she was missing her teacher Mrs. Taylor and how her teacher was probably disappointed that she wasn't there yesterday. It might be a long vacation for our little five year old.

Today we had our ward Christmas party. Last year we had an issue with Keegan not wanting to go anywhere near the big man in the red suit. I had to settle for a picture of him next to the Christmas tree. This year he waited patiently in line with all the other kids, ran up to him and sat on his lap telling him that he wanted a "lighting mcqueen" car under the tree Christmas morning. I think that he has figured out how it all works now. After visiting with Santa Clause the kids were able to decorate cookies and santa clause hats. It was lots of fun!

4 comments:

The Lane Family said...

What a fun Christmas party. With Avery's immune system issues we do not get to go to ward parties. But this one looks like a blast!!

As for our snow, I will enjoy it and I am sorry that you will be having a warm, short sleeve holiday, maybe someday you will get back to snow :)

Golfersfamily said...

I hope Mya is recovering from the shock of no school...isn't that age awesome? Keegan looks so adorable in his tie with Santa. I'd give him anything he asked for;)

SweetmamaK said...

I feel like I was there.. Even though hardly a day goes by that I don't see the kids, I love seeing their pictures. You forgot to mention your solo, I want to record it and put it on youtube!

Erica Marshall said...

What a cute idea for a Christmas party, having the kids decorate hats. Yeah, it seems like not too long ago that we were pregnant with those varmants. Crazy how time flies. Merry Christmas!!!