Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FACEBOOK

Facebook is the reason that I haven't posted anything in the last little while. My sister asked me to join facebook and I have become addicted to it. Jamie and I duel each other at games and IM each other about our days and trash talk each other. It has been lots of fun for me and I stay up way later then I should. Last night I was up till 1 am which is only 11 pm her time. That wouldn't be so bad if I got to sleep in the next morning but I have been watching Aiden and Keegan and they are dropped off at 7 in the morning. I can't emphisize how addicting it is.

During the day I am busy with watching kids and spending time with Mya and Keegan. The kids are always better when you have structured activities throughout the day. Some of the things that we do in the morning include making playdough and bubbles. The kids love it when they get to pick out their own colors so we add food coloring to them. The other day we went for a walk in the woods outback behind our apartment and the kids picked out rocks that we painted and put eyes on for their "rock pets." Now that it is warming up (not that it was ever really cold) I want to take the kids over to the pool and let them play and drink slushies (because the we have a slushie machine in our lounge). The kids are always tired after a long fun day like that.

Here are some pictures of those adventures............




Here is a good playdough recipee....
1 cup salt
1 1/4 cup warm water
3 cups flour
Mix and knead into a ball
If it is still sticky just add a little more flour. I usually end up adding more flour the more the kids play with it.

Here is a Bubble Recipee.....
1/2 cup dishwashing liquid (dawn, joy)
2 cups water
2tsp of sugar
(drentching a string in water and making big bubbles with it is lots of fun.) When we play out on the lawn the kids are usually soaked by the end of the adventure.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I couldnt find you on face book? Im on their to! Have you heard of Yuwie???

Sara Birch said...

Okay, so I just signed up for facebook but have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Found some people from HS. Anyways, it looks like a lot of fun!

Tina said...

I still cant find you, I have had an acount for a long time so when you sent me an invite I can go on yours but I dont know how to add you??? weired!

Elaine said...

Thanks for the play dough recipe. You guys have a nice blog! I love all the pictures.

bren said...

Hey, were you ever able to get on my blog?