Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A New Name

For about a week now Mya has been insisting that she be called "Reecie" She came to me on Monday last week and said, "Mom, my name is not Mya, you need to call me Reecie." I replied with, "Okay Reecie, will you go and watch your cartoons while I finish dinner." She smiled because I was playing along and since then she has insisted that her name really is Reecie. In her prayers she prays for mom, dad, Keegan and Reecie. She has told Aiden that she is not Mya and that has really confused him. Kids go through such funny fazes.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Thats so funny, She is sooo cute!! Well I like that name to, hheee hee

Sara Birch said...

How funny. I remember thinking when I was little that I wish I could have picked out my own name! At least she picked out a decent name and not something embarrassing.

Wolfley Family said...

That is hilarious! My kids are doing that too. Kaitlyn insists that if she has a nickname it can only be butterfly or rainbow. When we're in the store and the clerk asks Chase his name, he says, "Shawn McGillacuddy". He will not back down on it at all. As soon as we're in the car and I call him Shawn, he says, "Mom, my name is Chase".