Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update......

All of you regular readers of my blog know that I am working on developing my talents. I have been practicing the piano and can play all of the songs in the simplified hymn book. YEA!!! I have really felt like this is something that Heavenly Father wants me to know how to do. I got a call from the missionaries and they asked me if I could play the piano at the baptism last night. I told them that if I could pick the songs that I was comfortable with, I could do it. When I walked into the baptism I was suprised with how many people were there. The mission president and his wife and another senior couple, (all from Soda Springs Idaho). Both sets of missionaries that serve our ward. The bishop was there and the two that were baptized had good family support as well. It was a little nervous at first, but calmed down after I started playing the prelude music. ( I think the prelude music is more for the pianist then it is for the congregations. ) It turned out nice and the spirit was strong.
After today, I know that Heavenly Father really wants me to know how to play. We were getting the kids situated on the bench and suprisingly we were about five minutes early. The bishop came up to me and asked me how comfortable I was feeling. I was thinking to myself, what a strange question to ask. Maybe he wants me to do something like pray in the meeting or bare my testimony. Was I suprised when he said that our regular piano player was called out. I looked around and saw that all the regular piano players were not there. He asked if I could play the piano in sacrament meeting. My heart sank. I felt really underqualified for this one. I asked if we could sing "choose the right." I was able to do a decent job on it. I was so relieved to see my great friend Gayla walk through the door late and volunteered to watch her three children while she played the remainder of the meeting.
Heavenly Father loves each of us, he needs all of us to help build the kingdom here on the earth. I am so thankful for the oppertunites that I have been given and look forward to seeing what else he wants me to do.

6 comments:

Sara Birch said...

WOW, that is really cool! You were definately prompted to develop your talents.

SweetmamaK said...

YOu'll be at the organ in no time! I"m so glad you were able to play on Saturday!

Golfersfamily said...

It is so awesome how Heavenly Father works through each of us to strengthen and uplift eachother. I prayed all week that I could feel more useful during church - since I haven't been playing piano for primary, I really don't have as many Sunday responsibilities. I also prayed that I could truly be a servant and keep the sabbath. I was so thrilled to play in sacrament on Sunday and then to be able to do the singing time in primary. And imagine my suprise to be gifted with a sacrament meeting to sit back and listen without distraction. Thanks so much! I really needed refueling this week and I got it! I am so glad we're friends!

Elaine said...

Very inspiring story. You always seem to be so positive. I like that about you.

Brianne said...

You have such a way of understanding the Lord's plan and listening to the spirit. I love when you share things like this because it makes me realize that the things popping into my head aren't always my own thoughts, but the spirit prompting me to do something.
Thanks for sharing!!
ps. I bet you rocked "choose the right" ;)

Just US said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony Megan. You are awesome. I love that you are inspired to develop your talents.