Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Something a Little Different....



I was reading an article in the Ensign last night and I can across the "Questions and Answers" article. It addresses the issue of how hard it is to be a stay at home mom and gave suggestions that mothers can do to find joy in staying at home with younger children. C. Jansen from Texas writes, " When I feel as though I'm spending most of my time cleaning up after our little family, it is usually because I am! Somtimes the practical details are not actually as important as they seem. I find that if I take a break from the routine- maybe visit a new park, try a new recipe, spend time with someone in the ward who also has a baby or young child, go on an unexpected walk, make a card, or surprise someone with a visit- then my perspective is refreshed.


So we refreshed our perspective today. I called up an old friend, Jenny Mohonti, and I met her down at the Miller Outdoor Theater. We went and saw a performance where the kids learned about the different types of dances from the different era's. The kids were captivated by the performances. Mya was super excited when she got to go up on stage and do the twist and the jive. She is quite the little performer.

You can't see it so well..... Mya is the one in the middle. I couldn't get a good shot after everyone in front of me started getting up and dancing, but Mya was thrilled to be able to participate so I had to capture the moment ;)



2 comments:

* Nancy * said...

I appreciate the message from the Ensign! Glad you took the challenge and called up a friend.
How fun for Mya to get up and perform, was she the one in white?

I need to do a little more getting out, which I usually do, but since Gabe is still sick it keeps us more indoors.
I really like the card idea. I wrote someone a card just yesterday and Gabe put it somewhere and I can't find it!!! Oh well, it was good to practice my Spanish!

Take care!

Golfersfamily said...

I was struck by the same article! I miss you guys and hope you are enjoying spending time with eachother;)